Thursday, May 12, 2011

Head in the clouds and my vision is getting hazy

Chello World!

I wish I could say that I really feel as cheery as the greeting was, but I cannot.  I don't know what has gone on.  Things have been so AWESOME these past two weeks!  I have been really excited about what has been taking place in my life and the blessing that the good Lord has bestowed upon me.  Today, however, I just been having a feeling that I can't shake.  I have been feelinig like I'm lost again.  Like I have no direction but I have this urgent sense of "I gotta do something".  Let me explain a little more so you get a full understanding.

Ok so.  I have been having this ongoing battle in my mind of what it is I should be doing with myself.  Yes, I've been praying and all and I do have faith that He has a great plan for me and it will be made plain to me.  But there is part of the issue.  I have these little "epiphanies" of what it is I should be doing.  But is it God telling me to do this or just a coincidence that I'm taking more than serious than I should.  For example, the other day, out the blue I spoke with one of my favorite teachers in high school.  I was telling her about not really knowing what to do with myself and how to proceed on.  I told her that I thought about teaching and she was telling me that it would be good to do and thinks I would be a great at it.  So, like the sun shining from behind the clouds, I get this great idea (again.  this is not the first time I have thought this) to be a teacher.  So I have it in my mind that I am just going to go with teaching and do what I gotta do so that I can teach. 
Yeah! 

That's it! 

Teach! 

Woo hoo! 

Woo hoo. 

woo hoo. 

woo hoo?

Wait, why the heck am I so happy to freakin' teach?

So I sat and thought.  The good about it is:  I get to help enrich young lives and mold young minds, I get to talk (which I love), I get my summer and holidays off (so awesome), the start pay is pretty good.  The bad: not all kids want to be enriched or molded, I would need to go back to school for another two years or so, some places are cutting back on teachers.  The ugly:  kids can just be plain evil.

But then I sat and thought again "Lady, are you really debating about teaching or is the problem something else?"  I been going through this same battle with nursing, journalism, and human resources.  But the main thoughts have been teaching and nursing.  I don't know what I should be doing or where I should be going.  

Now I was doing really good lately.  Not concerning myself with all that.  Just taking it one day at a time and going where the wind blows me (*pause*).  Having the thought of  "if its for me to do something, it will just happen". 

A question came up last night at my part time job orientation.  "What are your future goals?  What do you plan to do in the next 5 years or so?"  As all the young ones went through saying how they just want to go to college and become a lawyer or fashion designer, I thought "Um, so, what do I wanna do in the next five years?  Heck, what do I wanna do when I get out of here in the next hour?"  Thus my thoughts and feelings this morning.

sigh.

So this is where I am.  What do I do?  A part of me wants to just go with the teaching idea and see what happens.  A part of me is saying to just sit still and keep doing what I'm doing.  A part of me just wants to go all the way to the left, move and find a job doing whatever.  A part of me is still saying to go home and figure it out from there.

Hmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment